Tuesday 4 October 2011

Romance Genre

Genre: A category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, categorised in similarities in style, form or subject matter.

I have chosen the genre of romance for our music video, because it has clear conventions that I can create with ease in my final piece such as having the mutual attraction and love of a man and a woman as the main plot. I am part of the target audience (being a teenage female) meaning I have a clear understanding of what one wants and can expect from this genre. The songs that I am considering also have romantic connotations, ie. The Beach Boys - Wouldn't it be nice, has hidden meanings of loss of love, or longing for love.

When asking a member of my target audience (Cassie Shaw), what came to mind when I said the word romance, she immediately said 'Titanic', highlighting how influential the media can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment